Saturday, December 30, 2017

One of my biggest regrets...

Years ago, Steve & I owned and ran a feed store in the downtown of our small town. We met lots of people, and one of those people was Dale B.

Dale had gone to school with Steve and was a few years older. He had a thing for bantam chickens, and often came in and placed orders with me for specialty birds. He also often bought things on credit and would come in the store and do work to pay them off, since his disability payments only went so far.

One day, Dale came into the store and told me that he'd been thinking about it, and he wanted me to teach him to read.

I was so busy, what with the store and the kids and our mini farm, so I had to tell him that it honored me that he'd want me to do that, but that there was no way I could.

Dale died a few years ago, and one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't teach him to read. I don't know how I would or could have found time, but I know that I get so much enjoyment from reading, I wish that he could have had that joy too.

♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment