Saturday, December 30, 2017

Kenny died...

I originally wrote this on Feb. 21, 2014 to facebook, but am adding it here to be remembered.

RIP Kenny - he died a few years ago, but I only found out about it today.

I met him when Steve & I ran our feed store in town. He insisted that feeding chickens the cheapest dog food gave them the best protein for the money - and he his hens laid many eggs to prove it. He took a few roosters off my hands when my neighbor's complained (and he even stood up to the police in my defense when my chickens really ticked off my neighbors once. He later talked to them {the police} about it and told them that he'd heard that they'd been "harrassin' that God fearin' woman across town" and told them to stop it - I wasn't sure how to feel about that, but it warmed my heart :) ), and he offered me one of his Bourbon Red Turkeys for free as a trade. He had a good heart and was a good person. He was also a character, and you know how I like them :)

Anyone can be a cookie cutout, but it takes a special person to be who they are and let the chips fall where they may. I will miss you, Kenny.



♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment