Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Our personal miracle



"When I was looking at the line of cars in front of us, and the sea of cars behind them, it created such fear. It is what I see whenever I shut my eyes. I don't think being in front of a firing squad could be any scarier - and it is the most similar thing I can relate it to. I didn't think we'd get out of there alive. I thought I was overreacting until Shaunna said exactly the same thing this morning.

The fact that we walked away from that is nothing short of a miracle. Arlene said that there was EIGHT LANES of traffic - how the hell did we survive???"

That was in an email I just found from the day after a car accident I was in. Here is the details on facebook:

"One of the scariest things happened last night: I was in a car accident (as a passenger.) I've been in an accident before where someone rear-ended me. But this one spun the car around and when we stopped spinning, we were facing a sea of headlights - we were facing the wrong direction on I-215
How we survived is nothing short of a miracle. We all walked away from it with only aches and pains (after a couple of us had CT scans to make sure we were okay.)
When I say, Thank God we are okay, I mean it. Whew!"

On September 11th, A group of ladies and I were coming home from a class that we're taking in SLC. My friend was driving. She tried to move over, but was clipped by a car - that same car somehow came back and hit our car in such a way it sent us into a spin. When we stopped, we were facing the sea of headlights I talked about. The cars were in a perfectly straight line and there were rows of cars behind - it was almost as if God put his arm down and stopped everyone. I couldn't tell that they were stopped at that moment that we quit spinning; I wondered what being hit repeatedly would feel like and wondered if this was it.

But somehow, all the cars were stopped, and our driver got us to the side of the road safely.

That moment of backing the car across all of those lanes of traffic in front of all of those cars was the only moment that I felt truly afraid. During the spin and looking at the sea of headlights I was calm because everything was completely out of our control, but the moment that we had some control again was when I panicked.

I ended up going by ambulance with Staci because I hit my head on the "oh shit!" bar above the door & my head and neck hurt; when I stood up out of the car, I felt like I was going to pass out, and Shaunna said that I really worried her because all of the color drained from my face and I was white as a sheet.

In the ambulance, the EMT put a cervical collar on Staci and one one me; at the hospital, they did a ct w/ & w/o contrast to make sure that everything was okay. It was, and Steve picked up Staci & me. We took Staci home and then came home ourselves.

It was one of the absolutely most horrifying things that has ever happened to me; I see that all of us walking away from that accident was a complete and total miracle.

♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment