Monday, November 16, 2015

"People are always more important than the institutions they belong to."

If lots of hearts plastered all over a door is a loving gesture of a heart attack, then is plastering memes on a blogpost a photobomb?

I searched for a quote, and couldn't find a meme for it. Apparently, I have created an original quote. Here it is:
"People are always more important than the institutions they belong to."

Recently, a big named church created policy that has hurt a multitude of people. It has pulled families apart more than before. It has the potentiality to turn the hearts of the children against the parents, and tear the parents' hearts out of their chest.

It has already pushed a handful of people to such an emotionally damaging place that they committed suicide because they felt that their children would be better off without them.

PEOPLE are more important than institutions. Every. single. time.

Here is my photobomb of memes.





My baptismal covenants included mourning with those that mourn. Comforting those that stand in need of comfort. Proclaiming by word and example the Good News of God in Christ. To seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving my neighbor as myself. Striving for justice and peace among all people, and respecting the dignity of every human being. And that is why I can't stay silent when I see people being hurt.

To any who are hurt: Come to Christ, not to a church that hurts you. There are groups of people, or a church in its true definition, who will accept you just as you are. Worship with them. Love God. Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF. In other words, you have to love yourself, too. God loves you just as you are.


♥ Melody

2 comments:

  1. I love you Melody. There's lots of hurt going on right now. I'm glad for knowledge of God's love for his children, and His desire that we love each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy <3 I love you too. And me too - I think knowing that God loves me is the most important thing I can ever know. I hope that everyone can feel it too.

      Delete