Sunday, August 30, 2015

Quotes from the Day::Sunday, August 30

Some quotes that I heard today:

“Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair.” -G.K. Chesterton. Steve told me that he sees this is how I feel about religion & God; after thinking about it, I think he is right.

"It seemed to me a good day to be dead and by that I mean that if the dead cared no more about the worries they'd shouldered in life and could lie back and enjoy the best of what God had created it was a day for exactly such. The air was warm and still and the grass of the cemetery which Gus kept watered and clipped was soft green and the river that reflected the sky was a long ribbon of blue silk and I thought that when I died this was the place exactly I would want to lie and this was the scene that forever I would want to look upon. And I thought that it was strange that a resting place so kingly had been given to a man who had nothing and about whom we knew so little that even his name was a mystery. And though I didn't know at all and still do not the truth of the arrangement, I suspected that it was somehow my father's doing. My father and his great embracing heart." (Ordinary Grace, pps 70-71)

I hope to have such a "great, embracing heart" as well.

♥ Melody

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, I love them.
      Also, I am really enjoying the book, "Ordinary Grace". I'm only halfway through, but it is turning out to be a really great book.

      Delete