Sunday, July 5, 2015

Thoughts on Eternity::July 5

As Steve & I were driving home from church today, my thoughts turned toward the complex message that the LDS Church has about Kingdom's in the afterlife. These kingdoms are taken very seriously, and of course, the Celestial is the one that most want to obtain.

When I was a member and I had teenagers, I realized that I never wanted to be a god - to be like God (that is the doctrine). If I went to the Celestial Kingdom, which I thought I did, I wanted to be the gardener - the groundskeeper, never an eternal parent.

Now that I have moved beyond the LDS Church, I am thinking that the kingdoms are created here on earth. We don't have to wait until the eternities to be part of those kingdoms. I also realized that the kingdom I want to be in is one where everyone is allowed and no one is held back. I am inclusive. I detest exclusion of ALL kinds. My dear LDS family members who are reading this are probably worried. Don't. If there really is Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial kingdoms, and if it is true that those in the higher kingdoms can visit those in the lower kingdom, even if I am in a lower kingdom, we can get together for Sunday dinner at my house. ;) No worries.

Anyway, back to my thoughts in the car. I want to be in an afterlife where all of God's children are welcome. Where all know of their worth and can feel God's love for them. When here, Christ didn't just associate with the ones that would have attained the highest of the kingdoms, but everyone.

I could never be happy somewhere that all aren't welcome.

I guess I believe that we are choosing and creating our kingdoms here. By who we associate with, who we worship with, and who we ourselves become.

I was led 9 months ago to the Episcopal Church, and I believe that it was by the hand of God that I was led there. I feel at home there. I love worshiping there.

God is kind and loving. He gives us just what we need when we need it. And for all of it, I am truly grateful.

♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment