Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Life of Purpose and Meaning

Back during Lent, Peter, my priest, taught a discussion group about Stewardship, which he defines as Living a Life of Purpose and Meaning. A few weeks ago, I was asked to give a 5 minute talk on my Stewardship. Not a small or easy task.

So I've thought. And thought. And thought. And thought some more.

Stories have come into my head as I try to figure out what my personal credo is. Stories like the lady at Chartres. (you can read it here, starting on page 72.)

And the story that Robert Fulghum's tells about Dr Papaderos' meaning of life. (you can read it here.)

So after thinking and pondering and praying (repeat that several times), I came up with a list in bullet point form:
Live life on life’s terms (don’t kick against the pricks)

“To love justice, to do mercy, and to walk humbly with [their] God.”

Love God; Love my neighbor as myself

Agreeing on things is nice, but being nice is mandatory. Find common ground & build on that.

Reflect God’s light & love into other’s life

Accentuate the positive. Live a life of gratitude.

Always try to see the bigger picture.

I give the talk on the 17th. Wish me luck. I'll post the actual talk when I figure it all out. (if I figure it all out)

♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment