Thursday, February 19, 2015

7/52::Milestones


A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2015

Okay, so it's not exactly a picture of Michael, but in a way it is.

Michael is developmentally delayed, going through milestones years after his age mates. Last week, I walked into the bathroom and saw the faucet had been painted with fingernail polish. I asked him about it, but he didn't understand, so I took him to the bathroom and showed him and asked where the pink nail polish was. "Oh color?" he asked, and he took me to my desk, where my red fingernail polish sat, capped. I told him that if he ever wanted to use the nail polish (he never had before!), that he needed to ask me to help him. "Okay." was his response :)

Playing in the toilet. Climbing on top of the kitchen table. And now fingernail polish. Each one has brought a smile to my face. They didn't know if he'd breathe on his own. Didn't know if he'd crawl. Doubted that he'd walk or potty train. Yet here he is, doing all of those things. Milestones in development that, even though we get to a whole lot slower, still come. And that makes me pretty happy :)

BTW, I've scrubbed off the toothpaste splatters and as much of the mineral deposits and soap residue that will come off. LOL Taking a picture of something is an entirely different way of looking at something, for sure ;) (And I'm so glad that the nail polish stayed put. As weird as it sounds, it is important to me.)

♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment