Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunday Drive + 22/52::June 4

We took a Sunday drive. I think they are my most looked forward to part of the week. I love my family, and I love going into nature.

Steve drove. I like that. Then I can close my eyes when the road gets to narrow, and I can look at all of the beauty around me w/o worrying about driving :)


Josh came to visit on Sunday. All alone, which felt weird to him :)


Amber came to visit too. I had a better picture of her sticking her tongue out, but it was too blurry to post :)


Matt loves rides almost as much as I do, even though his face doesn't show it in this pic :)


And there were only out of focus pics of Mike other than this one. Not super flattering, but enough to know he was there :) And since this is the only picture of him I took this week, it will have to count for his 22/52 pic. I'll have to do better next time.


Yesterday I got my tomatoes planted - just 5 plants, 4 of which are cherry tomatoes - and a spaghetti squash plant. I have heard that you can use spaghetti squash in place of actual spaghetti pasta. I plan on trying it!

This was my facebook post last night,
"Today's successes: My tomatoes are planted, thanks to Matthew for helping get the plot ready by weeding, Jared for watching Michael, and Emily (Echo) for CLEANING! (she went above and beyond!) the kitchen!

Also, so thankful it was so warm outside. I think I'm getting old! I like it HOT!"

I was so excited for the help! It was wonderful and amazing! I am thankful!

I still need to get back to the greenhouse for some zucchini - I'd like to put up some more sweet pickle relish using zucchini. It is delish! Also, I want to plant some green beans. I'm holding out because I'd like to make a green bean teepee.... I just need to not hold out too long, or get the teepee in gear.

Summer is my fast becoming my favorite season! :)

Here is a song for your day; I hope that you like it :)


Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment