Friday, January 25, 2013

The 26th on Guam::January 25


Picture from Sterling

See the clock over on my sidebar? It's set for Guam's time. That is because that is where I was born, and I'm counting down until my official birth time: 8:46 am. :)

Time certainly gets tricky when you're born half-way around the world!

As a kid, I always celebrated on the 26th because that is my official birthday. Then, when my brother lived on Guam a few years ago, and I was trying to figure out the time difference for calling him, I realized the enormous time difference between Utah and Guam, so I started calculating.... What I discovered is that by the time I got around to celebrating my birthday on Utah's 26th, my birthday was technically over. That is when I started celebrating the actual time I was born.

When I talked to my mom about it a few years ago, she told me that she wanted me to have my very own birthday because her sister had been born on the 25th. She wanted my day to be my very own, without sharing. (Happy Birthday, Gwenie!♥)

I also love celebrating on the 25th because it is when my little boy was born back in 1999. He came 15 weeks premature and just wasn't ready to be born. He died 3 days later on the 28th. I love feeling the connection wtih him. (Happy 14th Birthday, Ammon!♥)

Anyway, so at 8:46 am on the 26th in Guam is when I officially turn 43, so I watch the clock for that magical moment :)

Here's hoping 43 is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment