Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitudes::Day 2-4::November 5

Before I forgot, these are the Gratitudes that I've posted on facebook:

Day 2: So thankful that I get to spend time with my grandbaby every week. I love that little guy ♥

Day 3: I am very thankful that I got to go and assist Laura, of Laura Shanae Photography, with a photoshoot yesterday. Laura is one of the sweetest ladies I know. It was a joy to spend time with her. :)

Day 4: I am so thankful that Steve was able to ordain Jared to the Melchizedek Priesthood today. It was so fortuitous that Steve's step-dad was in town this weekend and was able to participate too. (As an aside: I think that for the next 2+ years, I will cry every time there is a mention of "Missionary". I raise my boys with the goal of being a missionary, but theory and application feel so very different. I am proud of my young man, I will just miss him a lot.)

Yesterday in church, the primary was talking about children being a good example in their homes. I realized that I have work to do. We don't read scriptures together regularly or have family home evening as often as we should. I want to do better.

Today, Josh and Karen are going to get an ultrasound of the baby & will learn whether it is a girl or boy. I am so excited!! I'll be waiting on pins and needles for them to call! Karen invited me to go, but it would make the day impossibly difficult. So, I'll just have to look at the picture that they bring home.

And tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find out about the baby too!! :)

P.S. I know that I might just be being needy, but I really, really, really need bloggy friends. I appreciate so much your reading my blog, but I need to know that you are there and that I'm not just in a big, echoey, empty virtual room.... that is all.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's pretty cool that Dad was in town the same week you ordained Jared. I heard that Karen's having a boy. CONGRATS. Aiden can have a little buddy now! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete