Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude::Days 5-8::November 8

Thanks kathyo for your comment; you are my hero. ♥

Truth be told, a few years ago I came to this blog just about every day and poured out my heart, the good parts anyway, and always had a few comments within hours. I got to be friends with a few good ladies who always were interested in what was going on in my life, and I miss that. I don't see those ladies much in the blogdom anymore, and I miss the interaction. I miss *them*.

There is something about a blog that is very magical. It is a virtual show-and-tell. When no one's face lights up with what you are talking about, a bit of the magic dies. I don't have much of a thick skin. I see that people come and read... at least 10 read my current post every day. More than that look up my World's Best Pot Roast recipe every day, all year long; it really is that good. :)

I don't mean to be needy. I don't mean to induce guilt.. too much anyway. I know that I go to the big bloggers and don't bother leaving a message; I figure that they have their validation. But for the little guys, the ones who don't have a multitude of sponsers and followers, to them I will leave a message - a virtual smile, if you will, because people are wired to need the validation.

It makes me wonder if my blog makes it hard to comment. I've been on a few of those blogs where you have to enter the letters, numbers, and spaces just so, but the password to copy is artistically abstract. I try and fail several times and then give up. If it lasts long enough, I'll email the person a comment and let them know that I am consistently running into trouble. Usually the next time I visit, the problem is resolved. If that is the case here, let me know. If my blog posts are boring, let me know. If the art doesn't resonate with you, I understand, sometimes I'm the same way. And, while I'm being truthful, I don't usually comment on the artsy blogs I follow... I probably should; they probably feel like they are in a big, echoey virtual room too.

Okay, back to the original reason for this blog post:

Day 5: I'm thankful for grandbaby boys! Especially that I'm getting another one in March :)
Karen and Joshua went to the OB on Monday for an ultrasound of the baby. Karen and I both thought it was a girl.... we were wrong. Hurray for another grandbaby boy! ♥


Day 6: I am thankful that Presidential elections only happen once every 4 years. ;)
Oh gosh. I need a break from everything political!!

Day 7: So very thankful for chocolate on bill paying day. ;)
Seriously.

Day 8: Today I am thankful for Physical Therapists and dentists. Ben, the physical therapist, helped calmed Michael's nerves by playing with him before his dental appt. and Dr. Markham and his staff are so awesome with Michael. Everywhere Michael goes feels like the opening of Cheers: "NORM!!", and how thankful I am for that. :) (AND, Michael left the x-ray bites in his mouth and held still for them + the 360* films that the dentist needed. No cavities!!... though since he has never had a cleaning in 11 years and only lets me brush his teeth half the time I totally see that as God's tender mercies.)

Tomorrow, Bill, Michael and I will be trying out a new Internist for Bill. Since the other one was truly terrible, I am hoping that this one will be the perfect fit.

Also, it is supposed to snow tomorrow. Blah. Bleck. I can do without the fluffy white stuff until Christmas Eve....

I hope that you have a terrific day tomorrow! :) ... and please do say "hi". I'd love to see you too. ♥











1 comment:

  1. This was a facebook comment Steve's Aunt Gayle posted about this blog post; I'll stick it here for safe keeping :)

    "I love your blogs. You have such a way with words that makes me feel good no matter what you write about♥"

    Thanks Gayle ♥

    ReplyDelete