Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz::My results & a link::October 7

I know I've showed you this quiz: Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz ... before lots of times, but I really, really love it! If you are a woman and like to take personality quizes, I highly recommend this one; it only has 3 questions (just don't ask for extra info at the end, because it takes forever.)

I took it again this morning and got this:

You Are a Grace!
You are a Grace -- "I need to understand the world."



Graces have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.

How to Get Along with Me
* Be independent, not clingy
* Speak in a straightforward and brief manner
* I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts
* Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable
* Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity
* If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place
* don't come on like a bulldozer
* Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy

What I Like About Being a Grace * standing back and viewing life objectively * coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects * my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure * not being caught up in material possessions and status * being calm in a crisis

What's Hard About Being a Grace
* being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world
* feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all
* being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be
* watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally

Graces as Children Often
* spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on
* have a few special friends rather than many
* are very bright and curious and do well in school
* have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers
* watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information
* assume a poker face in order not to look afraid
* are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict
* feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected

Graces as Parents
* are often kind, perceptive, and devoted
* are sometimes authoritarian and demanding
* may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate
* may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions

If you take the quiz, I'd love to find out "who you are". If you share it on your blog, leave a link in my comments so I can come take a look. :)

Have a wonderful day!







3 comments:

  1. I am a Katharine -- "I am happy and open to new things"


    Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.

    Sound's good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me too! (Though in all of my years of taking the quiz, I've never been a Katharine ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete