Friday, April 13, 2012

Magical, Golden Sunlight::Landscapes::April 13

Yesterday evening, I was sitting at my computer, minding my own business, (well, I was reading facebook & blogs, so I guess I was minding other people's business too, eh? ;) when all of a sudden....BAM! the lighting turned golden and I knew, whether I wanted to or not, I had to go outside to take some pictures. There is no resisting such magic.








I love those last 15 minutes or so right before the sun finally sets. It has such a enchanted, magical quality that transforms even the most boring scene into something from a fairy tale. Take a good, hard look the next time you notice it happening. You'll be glad that you did!

After the sunlight had settled back down into dusk, I thanked the Lord for giving me those few minutes at the end of the day. It refreshed and rejuvenated me more than just about anything else could have.

Have a wonderful, magical day!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! These are some of the loveliest photos I've ever seen! The bokeh on that branch - wow! And the sharp focus on the leaves in the foreground in the first photo and the blurry gate half-open in the background looks like it could be the cover of a book - it's begging for a story to go with it, as if someone's just left. But why? Love, love the lighting. You got the perfect moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca! BTW, I just started a facebook page for my photography that I'd love if you joined. The address is:
    http://www.facebook.com/MerrieMelodyPhotography

    I will be posting it tomorrow on the blog, but if you read this before then, you are my first blog reader to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *groan* I just saw this! Oh, sad. I hope I didn't leave you hanging forever. I have been having problems with my internet at home. I will check out your page and wanted to tell you how cool the new site design is! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete