Friday, February 3, 2012

this moment::February 3

{this moment} - Inspired by SouleMama (but adapted to my needs by me :) A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.

Perhaps not quite this week, but close enough, and definitely something I want to remember:







On my birthday, Amber called and apologized for not being able to decorate the house for me nor being able to make me breakfast. When she got here that evening, she'd brought with her a Happy Birthday banner and streamers and immediately set to work to remedy the situation. Over a week later, I still have them up, reminding me of the love that was shown to me on my birthday (by all. The decorations are the memento of the day :).

I like to savor loving memories. They feel just as good a week, two weeks, or even years from when they were originally given. In fact, I found a large manilla envelope in my drawer the day before the party that had many little love notes my children have given me through the years. There are many more, scattered throughout the many drawers in my dresser. Notes and cards from my mom are in there. Cards and letters from family and old friends, and even old love notes from past boyfriends are in there, along with love notes from my current boyfriend (who is also my lover and husband :).

There is just something about surrounding yourself with loving gestures that make you remember that you are loved, even when you're just not feeling it that day or are just feeling pretty darn unlovable. Thank heavens for memories that can be sipped and savored for years, long after the moment has passed.

Happy memories to you too,

No comments:

Post a Comment