Friday, February 17, 2012

Snowy Shots, Macro and the Garden::February 17th

At Gardening Gone Wild, Saxon Holt was talking about gardens in winter, pruning, thinking like a gardener, and other ideas. Me? I like to garden, but I don't even think about the garden in the wintertime. It is a time to do other things. But, I am a little facetious, so I took a picture of my garden in winter and how I prune my trees in my garden:



Cut 'em down! ;)

Actually, there is a tree that I keep having Steve lop branches off of each spring. It isn't in the picture, but it is a tree on the south east side of the garden. When it grows too tall, it shades my garden plots. Really I'd like to cut it down, but it is too big for a one man job since it is so close to the house.

While I was out there, I took other pics too. Some macros, in fact: (you can click on the pic to make it larger)






It was interesting to me to see how fuzzy the branches on the Sumac Tree are. It makes for interesting textures, that's for sure!

I hope that you have a terrific Friday and a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment