Monday, September 26, 2011

Feeding the Ducks and Geese at the Pond

On Friday, Michael and I decided to take the long way home. I was trying to find good places to take portraits nearby, so we drove slowly by the park, by some downtown locations where people take pics sometimes, and finally, we ended up at the pond.



Ducks and geese swam as fast as they could toward our car and flocked around us, waiting expectantly. The sad thing was, we didn't have anything to feed them, so I promised Michael we'd come back with some food soon.

On Sunday, Steve, Emily, Michael, Aiden, and I piled into the car and set off for the pond with one bread sack full of the stale ends of lots of loaves of bread and some popcorn in another.

When we arrived, here came the ducks and geese waddling up in hopes of a treat. This time they were in luck!

I had Steve help Aiden so that I could take a pic (I love this one and think it is so sweet :):



We fed and fed and fed and then we had to go. It didn't take long for them to leave us, either.



Fickle little creatures! They seem so happy to see us when we arrive, but when we run out of things to give them, they are done with us! There must be a parable in there somewhere! ;)

1 comment:

  1. awe! So cute! We've been taking him to feed the ducks as well, he loves it!
    Thanks for taking him :)

    ReplyDelete