Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, dear Michael!!


Michael was due September 27th, but was born July 19th instead. The placenta detached from my uterus (placental abruption) and caused me to hemorrhage. He was in the NICU for about 14 weeks.

Here he is the first time I ever saw him:




He has always been a fighter, and I call him my tortoise because he always developed slowly, but surely. :)

Here he is on his 1st birthday:


On his 2nd birthday:


At 4:


On his 6th birthday:


On his 7th birthday:


Last year close to his birthday (I couldn't find any birthday pics! I wonder if I was too overwhelmed to formally celebrate, what with the wedding and my mom's illness and all?):


Today:


We'll have cake and ice cream for him when Steve gets home from work. Happy Birthday dearie, dearie Michael!! I love you more than words can say.♥
(UPDATE: here he is with his cake. :) )

2 comments:

  1. As a mama of a preemie too it is amazing how these little ones catch up and grow up and turn out so darling!

    Happy Birthday!

    Just a reminder that we are getting near the end of the kinderGARDENS series and I'm urging everyone to link up as often as possible with their best posts. Soon the judges will be looking them over!

    Have a happy Thursday! Kim

    ReplyDelete