Friday, July 30, 2010

Family Reunion

Last weekend was Steve's family's reunion. We went up a local canyon and pitched tents. This was our campsite:





There was a creek that ran right next to our campground. It was wonderful! The kids loved playing in it all day long.





Isn't that the cutest picture?? I don't like putting up pics of other people's kids, but I figured it would be okay since their faces can't be seen.


Jared discovered these cool looking beetle bugs.



I hadn't ever seen any like it before, but there were many more spotted during our stay.


Jared and Josh liked playing horse shoes.



I tried too, but didn't have much success. :)


And here is my dear husband with chips. I was trying to get a pic of everyone, but he decided to do a potato chip ad. lol!



We had a great time! It was nice to get out in nature. Emily and I have had a hard time being cooped up in the house since we've gotten home. :)

Jared got poison ivy on his hands, so he is broken out with blisters that ooze, itch, and hurt. I think he would've rather had a different souvenir from the trip. :)

While we were there, I took Matt to Cub Scout Day Camp. Thank heavens it was close by! He had a good time, but was sad that their group wasn't signed up for the canoes. I can't believe that he is a Webelos and this was his last day camp... at least that I will be taking him to. I have tried to go with each of my boys every year that they attended. I missed only about a total of 2 out of 7 or 8. Not too bad. I hope that Michael is able to attend at some point (I kept him home this year because his CP has gotten bad in his leg and walking too far is difficult for him), but if he doesn't it will be ok. I got teary at closing ceremony thinking that I'm almost done with Cub Scouters. I think after my boys are done with Cub Scouts I'll still sign up as a leader; I love the program and love how excited it makes young boys to do all of the activities.

I'm so thankful for my family. I'm glad that we can get together with extended family to reconnect with them.

To those who commented on last month's photo contest: I am still working on sending your photos. I didn't realize a 4"x6" pic didn't fit in a regular envelope. I'll be sending those shortly; sorry for the delay.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was great fun, except for the poison ivy of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a reunion! Too bad about the poison ivy, though. :(

    ReplyDelete