Thursday, February 25, 2010

One of my all time favorite jokes


My aunt sent me the following joke in an email recently. I had to post it because it is one of my all time favorites. If you've already heard it, I hope you don't mind a retelling. If you haven't, enjoy!

With all the new technology in fertility recently, a 65-year-old friend of mine was able to give birth. When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, I went to visit.

"May I see the new baby?" I asked.

"Not yet," she said. "I'll make coffee and we can visit for a while first."

Thirty minutes had passed, and I asked, "May I see the new baby now?"

"No, not yet," she said.

After another few minutes had elapsed, I asked again, "May I see the baby now?"

"No, not yet," replied my friend.

Growing very impatient, I asked, "Well, when can I see the baby?"

"When he cries," she told me.

"When he CRIES?" I demanded. "Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?"

"BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE I PUT HIM, OK?!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Melody, that is one of the funniest jokes I've EVER heard.

    ...still giggling 10 minutes later... ;)

    ReplyDelete