Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Morning Musings - A Bucket List


Before I get started, did you notice my Flickr slideshow on the top of my sidebar? I'm uploading my favorite pics there (to Flickr). If you click on the pic in the slideshow you'll be taken to the complete collection on my Flickr account. I'd love it if you'd go check them out and tell me what you think about them. :) My goal is to add a few new pics every day.


I've seen posts lately about long range goals: things to get done before a certain birthday, or to do before they die. I've been thinking about these things a little bit, and I've come to realize that perhaps I'm way too practical. My bucket list looks something like this:

1) Get out of debt

2) Finally get my house totally organized where it stays tidy 95% of the time.

3) Finish a quilt for each of my children for when they are 18 (or in Josh's case: by the time he is 25! :), a quilt for each of my grandbabies, and perhaps.. just perhaps so don't hold me to this one: a big quilt for my kids and their spouses' bed.

4) To get at least a Bachelor's degree. In something. Anything! a Master's would be beautiful! and a Doctorate would be awesome!!

5) I'm stumped here. I'm a simple woman I guess.

I'll work on it.

How about you? What would be on your bucket list? Funner stuff than me? Or perhaps just learning how to get permanent marker off of the wallpaper?

5 comments:

  1. I keep so many things on my bucket list. Since I was about 12, I've kept a running annual goal sheet for the next year, five years, and ten years out. It's fun to pull them out every January (personal and family) and see what goals we accomplished and what we're still working on or have decided isn't important anymore. What's amazing to me is how many times nearly every goal on a 50-item list will be accomplished over five years. Even the goals that we thought were just dreams and impossible have happened. I find that having consistently made goals over the years has taught me how to make REALISTIC goals and not to be afriad of the fantastic dreams. I know that whatever I set my mind to, it can happen! I'm glad to read your goals - you've got some great ones! I can't wait to see your posts when you finish something on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually only set goals for a year. But I like the idea of longer time goals. I'll have to work on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

    That's a lot of quilts! But just think how they will be cherished!!

    I want to get out of debt, to!!

    Love the slide show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny--most of your goals are mine too. Guess I'm too simple too! I also want to learn to be a great gardener--flower and vegetable wise. We're starting on the landscaping of our house soon, so it'll be a challenge, but it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't thought much about a bucket list, but there are places I would love to see.
    Switzerland, Italy, China...
    Just to name a few.
    I would love to pay off our mortgage.
    You got lots of quilting to do...
    But a quilt is a wonderful heart and home made gift.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete