Monday, August 10, 2009

Caution: Busy Week Ahead!

This week has the potential to be a busy one! But, busy in a direction that, for the most part, I want it to go.

Tomorrow I am going to do what I've wanted for at least a year: go visit a dojo for tai chi. It is only offered once a week, but I'd really like to learn a kata or two and then practice at home. I've had good intentions in the past, but, well, you know the saying that the pathway to hell is paved with good intentions? Let's just say that my pathway is paved in gold! It is a difficult thing to do anything in the mornings w/o children when I'm homeschooling, and especially difficult when I don't have someone to watch Michael. This is the final week to do this before school starts, so wish me luck!

Then on Wednesday I'm going to shadow a friend of mine who is a midwife. Did I ever tell you that when asked as a teen the "what-do-you-want-to-be-when-you-grow-up" question I'd say I wanted to be an Ob/Gyn? I did. But because as an adult I was always on the other side of the forceps and stirrups, I never persued this dream. But now, I have a friend who is a midwife who delivers at home births who offered for me to shadow her sometime if I'd like. And I would! I would like to very much, so, on Wednesday I will be shadowing her in the clinic to get a feel for whether or not I'd like to pursue the dream any further.

I also need to send my letter of intent to homeschool to the school district and set up some kind of guardianship for M so that while she is here I can take her to the doc, and heaven forbid, the ER if it comes to it.

Jared has PE this semester at school, which will be lots of fun trying to figure out his diabetes plan since exercise sets him on a low most of the time. Throw us in the deep end and we have to come through somehow, sink or swim. So, since next Monday is the first day of school, a game plan is in order for this week.

School clothes shopping has to fit its way in somehow, as does paying my mom's bills and watching out for her while she is in the hospital.

Speaking of my mom, why wouldn't the doctors have been aware that she needs a diaretic for her congestive heart? Especially while her lungs were filling with fluid more and more every day, to the point that she was wearing her CPAP every moment of the day minus mealtimes? Thankfully I discovered it (with much help from the Lord, I'm sure), the doctor was called by the nurse, and a prescription was ordered and filled. I hate to think of what state she would've been in by next weekend if it hadn't been caught. I can't help but think she would have been intubated, which would have brought a lot of questions for the family as to what to do with her then. So next thing on the list.... help her with a living will so that *she* can answer the hard questions about how she wants her life to go so that we, as her children, don't have to guess.

Okay, so much of this *isn't* stuff I want to do, but at least some of it is! And that little bit of the good stuff should tide me over a bit while I do the jobs I *don't* want to do. *And* we get paid this week! Maybe dinner and a movie with my Honey on Friday will make everything all better!

Wish me luck with my week! And for sure, good luck with yours as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment