Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Hula Ho


Introducing: The Hula Ho!

This was the little helper in my garden yesterday! (Jared used the mower in between the rows. I almost like *anything* green in between the rows to keep away mud!) Jared couldn't figure out how to use it, so I kept showing him in each garden square....until they were all done.

He tried to force it, like you would a regular garden hoe, but it refuses to be forced. I kept telling him to think "old lady in the garden" (not as much strength to really bash the weeds around like he is used to doing- just more gentle, ya know what I mean?)as he was trying to learn, but he just couldn't relate...I related all to well! I think I'll go buy a standard garden hoe for him so that I can get out of some work! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I've never used one of kind of tools. I'd need some lessons. But he is smart and that's a clever way to let you do all the weeding.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...I like the new look to your blog, Melody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two of those, one for each end of the garden! I LOVE them. They are the best thing for weeding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got one of those but haven't tried it yet. So, think old woman? Good to know.

    ReplyDelete