Tuesday, November 25, 2008

UPDATED- Waiting for the Moment of Truth


UPDATE......NO CANCER!
I'm truly thankful. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

From what I understood the nurse to say, the cysts are stones...seems that my kidneys are set up to make stones. That is a bummer, but I'm soooo thankful it isn't cancer. (Isn't it funny how bad news is relative? Seems funny to be thankful for it is *just* stones. :-) I don't have all of the answers from the CT scan; the rest of the info will come on Tuesday. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know.
*******************************


I should be able to get the results of the CT scan today. I'm pretty nervous. The actual CT scan itself wasn't terrible, but I'm not looking forward to doing it again in 6 months.

They had to do the scan with contrast, so they hooked me up to an IV and put the dye straight into my vein. Yuck. The technician warned me beforehand that it would feel warm as it flowed through my veins, and that it would probably make me feel like I was wetting the bed. Yep and yep. Weird sensations. Other than making me feel woozy, it was ok. Today I'll be drinking a lot of water and green tea to cleanse the junk out of my system!

On Saturday Steve & I went to Park City and walked around Main Street. Since Park City is built on a hill, and Main Street goes right up that hill, my legs are sore from all the walking, but it was great fun! We looked in the little shops and even saw one of these (don't look if you get embarrassed easily!). All I can ask is, "Why???"

My favorite shop (other than the art galleries) had hilarious door mats and plaques.
Here are just a few:

I take life with a grain of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Go braless . . . It'll pull the wrinkles out of your face!

We've been through a lot together . . . and most of it was your fault!

My husband and I have different religions. He thinks he's God, and I don't!

Friends are like thighs, always sticking together.

I smile cause your my sister. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it!

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

You'll always be my best friend . . . You know too much.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.

Around here, "normal" is just a setting on the dryer.

The mats were funny too. I only remember a couple, but one simply says, "Hi! My name is Mat."

And,

"I love my vacuum.
I've found God.
I gave at the office."

Too funny!

We visited a lot of art galleries. I am amazed at the talent those people have! Here are some of their websites, so you can look at the some of the art without even leaving your home:

West Light Images www.westlight.net

Stanfield Fine Art www.stanfieldfineart.com You'll have to keep reminding yourself that these are paintings, not photos!

Hope Gallery, Inc. www.hopegallery.com

Scanlan Windows to the World www.scanlan.com It is too bad that they didn't post the description of the picture on their website; it is as much art as the photos themselves.

There are beautiful, beautiful pictures at those sites, so I hope you get a chance to look.

I'll post the results of the CT scan as soon as I get them. Keep your fingers (and toes, legs, eyes, arms....) crossed!

4 comments:

  1. I'm shocked you didn't get one of those embarrassing items-I would have gotten two! haha I'm sure that your scan will go great. My fingers are all crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that dye they put in your viens. I'm allergic to it!!

    Hope all goes well...I'll lift up a prayer!

    ReplyDelete