Friday, September 26, 2008

Whoops!

Hey, here is a funny thing...


Yesterday my van was on empty, so I stopped at a place just off the freeway and filled up, then got back on the freeway. I was talking to my mom on the phone, but was unconsciously listening to my engine. My van has transmission trouble, in that it has a hard time shifting up when the engine is cold, but lately my van has been doing crazy things, so I am in ultra-paranoid mode when I drive.

So here I am on the phone with my mom, and I notice that the engine is not shifting up. I tell her I've got to go and hang up. I listen, but notice that at 45 my engine is revving high, so I get over on the shoulder and turn on my emergency flashers. As I creep along the freeway going 35 mph while the traffic is whizzing past me at 65 mph my mind was thinking this whole predicament over. "How am I going to afford 2 car payments?" was the reoccurring thought.

A freeway exit was luckily just a couple of miles down the road, so I signaled and got off. As I was stopped at the stop sign I looked down at my speedometer and noticed.... that I had accidentally put my van in 2nd gear instead of drive. Ooops! BUT! I was ecstatic that I didn't have to buy another van!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH THATS FUNNY!!!!

    I drove 18 miles home with the emergency brake on one time. My husband could have killed me.
    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you don't have to buy another van! I've done similar things, I always feel so dumb, but relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny...and Such a relief I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete