Monday, September 1, 2008

Working on the Farmette




The goats got a new pen on Saturday. Ellie loves perching on top of the doghouse. Next thing to construct for them is a loafing shed; I don't think the doghouse will hold both of them much longer!




An Old English hen hatched out a few more chicks over the past week! I spied them living in the garden yesterday as I went out to check on the ripening produce.




The strawberry plants are sending out runners and all of the plants look really healthy.




I was excited to see this pumpkin turning orange. It won't be long now!




This pumpkin has a long way to go, but I love the variagated leaves.




The lettuce looks so beautiful! I haven't ever planted a fall garden before, but I am really liking the results!

Sorry about the wrong dates on the pictures. My youngest dd misplaced my camera so I'm using my oldest dd's camera and I haven't figured out how to change the date.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The pumpkin looks great. Thanks for all the well wishes for my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The goats look so happy! And those chicks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete