Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Fruits of My Labor



This is just one of the reasons I love gardening & farming! Look at those beautiful vegies & eggs! They are wholesome, the vegies are free of traces of pesticides and herbicides, and the eggs are from free range chickens. What more could I ask for?

Dinner was simple: rice, cooked green beans with salt and butter, a cucumber & tomato salad, with apricots as dessert. Everything was homegrown except the rice, salt, and butter; not bad at all!

I went out to lunch with a friend and had a great time (thanks, April!) and ate great Mexican food, while my mom watched my youngest kids (thanks, Mom!)

I also pureed some apricots, in hopes of making it into a syrup for pancakes, a sauce for ice cream, or the base for apricot smoothies. In any case, about 5 pounds of apricots have been prepped.

A neighbor gave me a bag full of tomatoes that I will make into salsa.

I have a few zucchinis ready to be shredded and frozen.

I would love to do more tonight, but I think I'll wait and do it tomorrow, after all, tomorrow is another day. (just call me Scarlet O'Hara!)

I hope that you had a successful day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment