Friday, August 8, 2008

Abundance


I left a zucchini on the plant too long! Jared told me about it in exclamations last night, but I didn't think it would be *this* big!



My tomato plants are so big that their supporting tomato cages are tipping. I have melon vines that have grown long and need to be trained up the twine. The watermelon and pumpkins are producing fruit and still flowering.

My apricot tree has produced hundreds of apricots, too! Unfortunately, there are branches on the tree that I simply can't get too, and I guess the birds have eaten their fill, so now there are several apricots that have fallen on the ground. The apricot tree is in the side yard when the kids and dogs play, so I am trying to figure out how to let my chickens eat the fallen apricots without the dogs eating the chickens. Hum....

Today is the first day this week that I can just stay home! I have taken my mother to the doctor, Michael to therapy, registered my kids for school, and ran errands along the way all week long. I was looking forward to a relaxing day that involved just cleaning up my neglected home. Instead, I need to go out and see what there is to harvest & put up for winter. It looks like it will be a good day to get out the food processor that I bought last week and try it out!

I am looking forward to all of the beautiful rows of jars full of food...just not all of the work involved. But I will not complain when it means that I can beat the rising cost of food! My family is truly being blessed.

I wish for you a day full of abundance, too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you have been busy!!

    i love gardening posts - I planted herbs, but only my basil survived. Next year, though - I will get started earlier, and pay more attention to my plants...

    Thanks for stopping by - I like the new colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete